The big news in PASL happened on Saturday as host Cleveland Freeze set a league record by scoring 16 first half goals en route to a 27-6 victory over Illinois Piasa. The Freeze (8-3) sit in second place of the Eastern Division behind league-leading Chicago Mustangs (8-0).
In U.S. Open action, amateur club Austin FC knocked out the professional Texas Strikers 6-4 in Houston. Texas has yet to win a game this season, going 0-8 while being outscored 87-26 in PASL play.
MISL leader Milwaukee (7-1) continued to win earning a pair of victories. Baltimore (7-2) kept pace by defeating Pennsylvania twice and Missouri.
December 31-January 5 MISL results:
- Milwaukee Wave 20, Syracuse Silver Knights 10
- Baltimore Blast 24, Pennsylvania Roar 0
- Missouri Comets 19 Rochester Lancers 17
- Baltimore Blast 14, Missouri Comets 6
- Milwaukee Wave 13, St. Louis Ambush 11
- Baltimore Blast 16, Pennsylvania Roar 5
- St. Louis Ambush 14, Rochester Lancers 12
- Missouri Comets 11, Rochester Lancers 9, OT
- Dallas Sidekicks 6, Wichita B-52s 3
- Austin FC 6, Texas Strikers 4 (U.S. Open)
- Cleveland Freeze 27, Illinois Piasa 5
- Dallas Sidekicks 6, Wichita B-52’s 0
- +Detroit Waza Flo 6, Cincinnati Saints 4
- Hidalgo La Fiera 15, Texas Strikers 4
- Las Vegas Legends 8, Turlock Express 5
- Monterrey Flash 8, Rancho Seco de Saltillo 3
- Ontario Fury 12, Toros México 5
- Sacramento Surge 11, Bay Area Rosal 8
- San Diego Sockers 12, Toros México 5
- Cincinnati Saints at Chicago Mustangs, PPD (will be played on February 16)