Expansion club Pennsylvania Roar have had plenty of disappointment in their initial MISL season. Losing their opening 11 games, including being shutout twice by 7-time champion Baltimore, the Roar were seeking a first victory over two months into the season. A victory the team claimed on Sunday in front of a home crowd in Reading.
Pete Rowley scored the first two goals for Pennsylvania, who went on to defeat St. Louis Ambush 16-0. Corey Maret also scored twice for the Roar. St. Louis (4-8) lost for the second time on the weekend, losing at Baltimore on Friday.
January 17-19 MISL results:
- Baltimore Blast 14, St. Louis Ambush 2
- Missouri Comets 22, Milwaukee Wave 4
- Rochester Lancers 16, Syracuse Silver Knights 14
- Milwaukee Wave 16, Missouri Comets 4
- Syracuse Silver Knights 9, Baltimore Blast 8
- Pennsylvania Roar 16, St. Louis Ambush 0
- Las Vegas Legends ?, Turlock Express ?
- Chicago Mustangs 20, Cleveland Freeze 11
- Dallas Sidekicks 11, Tulsa Revolution 2
- Harrisburg Heat 10, Cincinnati Saints 5
- Hidalgo La Fiera 7, Monterrey Flash 1
- Rancho Seco de Saltillo 11, Texas Strikers 3
- Wichita B-52s 11, Illinois Piasa 5
- Toros México 17, Bay Area Rosal 7
- Monterrey Flash 15, Texas Strikers 5
- San Diego Flash 6, Ontario Fury 5